Monday, 16 July 2012

Rhapsody of Tokyo

Hello!  Blog is getting so fucked up !! Frustration!! Anyway...
Our first day was visiting Kamakura Temple in Tokyo.
The weather in Tokyo was breezy, simply nice.
Supposedly weather forecast rainy season but we're lucky!
I don't wanna touch further detail on my temple trips 'cause of sensitive issues.
and, I don't wanna misguided people. Overall, it's peaceful and nice!

I bought amulets for myself and someone. There are many kind of amulets here but most of the amulets on sale are 'Safety', 'Love-Relationship', and 'Study'.
Price range from 500円(BND$8) per piece.

Kamakura Temple - The Entrance


The Three Pagoda
Spot the Gods & Goddess

Spot the Gods & Goddes [More]

Spot the Buddha

Ouhm!


Although we already had our dinner, we went for late supper at Ramen Store nearby our hotel at around 11pm (Brunei Time). They said this ramen store is delicious & famous in the area. So, my new friends invited me 'cause they need a person who can speak Japanese, and the queue was quite long. The long queue never stop...people keep on coming-in and waiting for their turn to have their seats. It's so packed.

Seriously? My Japanese is nowhere level for native conversation but we do get what we want without talking much. The most 'paiseh' part was... the waiter asked us "how many people are eating? and, what you want to order?" - There were six of us, and they just wanted to try the ramen & share the food - So, ii replied "Urm...6 seats, 3 ramens (of different flavours)" The waiter looked at us "Only 3 ramen?" I replied "yeah".

Why? Actually the (Japanese) customers order a bowl each person. But we were the only 'group' sharing ramen! We're ruining their business lol. The price per bowl range from 600円 to 1,500円 (BND$9 to $20) depending on the ingredients. The taste? Urm...Seria Kolomee taste better! *haha*

The first night - RAMEN!

A very Big Bowl - BND$12



Our second day trip was to Asakusa, where this place is famous among all the tourists for the souvenirs. I've been here last year, so there are some places ii have not explore because this place is damn big, and ii strolled alone to the East wing of Asakusa. Still, haven't explore all the shops. Walao eh!

I had my fortune prediction for this year. ii got the "the best fortune" which obviously, a good fortune for me this year. ii am not sure about it though but ii do hope my prayer will be granted.

The only picture in Asakusa. *haha*
My favourite bun in Japan - Melon Bun

In the afternoon, we went to Ueno City for street market. I didn't took much photos - not 'cause i'm busy shopping but the people there doesn't like their faces to be taken randomly. They are conservative(?). If they saw you took their picture, if they are kind they will just stare at you! But if they're bad, they will be angry and ask you to delete or stop taking picture.

The fruits are so expensive... So, the Japanese people are delighted to be able to eat fruits in Brunei 'cause it's cheap!

Ueno Street Market

Fresh local fish in container [Cheaper price]

Watermelon - $19 per melon
Orange - $8 per KG
Strawberry - $6 per packet

We passed-by Akiba-city (Akihabara) which is famous for all the otaku's stuffs, anime figurine & comics, and the Maids Cafe. Have ii told you? There's 7-storey adult, X-rated store here. *wink* HAHA!

This guy - yes, a guy - wearing sailormoon clothes! LOL.

The best part of Japan is they maintain their garden along the street. This flowers are at Ginza, the most expensive city in Japan. One letter-size of land may cost you USD$3,000. How crazy is that?!
I was thinking, if ii had a piece of land here...am sure I'm millionaire already. *dreaming* and, ii am walking along the street like a boss...stepping every $3k worth pieces of land. I mostly window-shopping here 'cause all the stores are branded. The cheapest thing ii got for myself is 'Uniqlo' and baby cloth for my niece - around BND$45 per piece. ii was like "aiyah! not every year come to Japan, close eyes and pay only!" **LOL!**


Beautiful flowers on $30k worth of land. LOL!

Beautiful garden along Ginza Street.

Hydrangea Flower - ii learnt this amazing flower from an anime.

Hydrangea Flower - Close up view
 Next, we went to Odaiba City for our dinner. We have a special guests from Toshiba Company, the Manager of something, and the General Manager and his wife. So, ii was able to experience the Japanese culture of business.  Drinking, drinking, and drinking... seeing Japanese people get drunk is something amazing, 'cause they danced when they're high - just like in movies. 

New Year of Japan - Odaiba City.

Rainbow Bridge view from Odaiba City

Entertainer.

Fountain of Sushi [Not real/Displayed]

I wish ii was having sushi dinner. Unfortunately, not. Instead, we had wagyu beef and pork sliced meat. Still consider very expensive, esp. the wagyu beef. Oh gawd, the meat is soo tender!  First time in my life ii drank 8 bottles of white, cold sake. Then, as I already promised my friend for hangout in Ikebukuro town, we went out for another drinking session. Seriously, am killing my kidney...but what the hell right?...it's not like everyday that am drinking. I was afraid that I will do something silly or embarrassing since I've already quite dizzy after the 8 bottles. But ii managed to get back to my hotelroom safely after several cups - 12 cups if not mistaken - of mocktail. "kanpai!!" till the end.

I drank 8 bottles of Sake! First time in my life.

the picture is blurr...definitely im drunk. cant take photoshoot properly.

Tokyo Tower [blurr]

Cute Condom Shop
So...when we were having fun, talking in English..the guys on the other table were looking  and eavesdropping at us. ii think they were jealous cuz ii have three girls? LOL! kiddin' Then, they approached and talked to us...the first question was...  
"What language are you speaking?" - "English (!? duhh..)"
Then, there was this one guy try to show-off to his friends that he can speak fluent english with us - not pretty bad lah, though he's trying to copy American accent.

ii dont know what they are up to...but definitely ii suspecting they wanna flirt with the girls. They even asked us if we have facebook, and I got the vibe from my friend that not to give them. So, we lied...
"huh? facebook? never heard of. what is it?? Social network...ah!! we used Friendster & MySpace! But we dont have facebook...we'll try to check it out"
HAHAHA! That was classic!
Friends Meetup in Japan

Drink All You Want!

Friends - Two Bruneians + Two Japanese
Interesting Fact: 
[1] It's unusual for one man to hangout with several girls in Japan - unless they're couple, and vice versa. However, it's okay if you hangout with group of friends with several men and women.
[2] Japanese people nowadays willing to talk with foreigners especially English-speaker because they wanted to learn English and use English as they hardly have a chance to use it in Japan.
 


Mount Fuji - 5th Station
We went to Mt.Fuji... I am very excited 'cause it's one of the famous place in Japan that I always wanted to go. Unfortunately, we're not climbing it. This place is heavily covered with sulphur, so those people who has asthma are not allowed to go out as it may cause breathing difficulties. Yeah~ the place... really smells like rotten egg, but not as strong as Ammonia. The tourguide told us to eat the Mt.Fuji egg, which the eggshell turns black naturally by the sulphur. The myth of this egg is if you eat one egg, your life will be extended 7 years.

Mount Fuji - The sign says 'Kuro Tamago' which means "Black Egg"

The Mt.Fuji Eggs

Mt.Fuji Egg - Actually not much different from ordinary egg we have in Brunei

It's very windy and cold @ Mt.Fuji 5th Station

Everyone is talking about Japan's KitKat... Yeah Japan has its specialty on varieties of KitKat flavours. But the price of one box is not cheap! It's quite pricey per box...it's BND$12 for freaking 8bars of 2pcs KitKat per box.
Hello! KitKat!! BN$12 per box
Next, we went to 5-stars shopping town that has all the branded goods. I can't afford any of those...
I could just window shop...there's one watch that ii wanna buy... but ii didnt buy 'cause ii am saving my money to buy yukata (kimono) set for my crush and my own. The Japanese people shops like it's just an ordinary stores, but they spent wisely too.

So never bring girls here...why? They will spent all your money till very very dry until there's no money left for the next morning. HAHAHA! Another reason is it's on SALE!
Girls love to see those word "SALE".

*drools* ?

The shoplots

We were given 3-hours to shop...ii finished window-shopping for about an hour and a half. But the aunties, lau tai tai, complaints they didnt have enough time to shop and they need more time!!
I was really shocked! lol. They really do spent quite alot here.

While waiting, I went to Starbuck.
I thought ii could use my Japanese and practice here. When comes to encounter with the attendant, I was stumble, dont know what to say, and ordered 'Mango Frappucino'. Apparently they spent English quite well.
I guess most tourists will go to Starbuck. I sat outside, 'washing my eyes' but sadly most of the customers are couples or married person.

Starbuck "Mango Frappucino with Mango Pudding"

I ordered Taiyaki which is meat inside. It cost me between $3-5 per piece. I know ii can eat Chicken Rice until bloated in Brunei, but Japan is different. The food was very delicious! yummy! Next, since it was very hot, ii order the Japan-style fruit ABC. I don't know what to call it, lol. Before, I was tempting to try it but the price held me back for awhile. But then, I thought myself twice, I'm not going back here anymore, despite the price, I ordered the mixed ABC which was the most expensive.

Want to know how much? It's BND$13. The cheapest, one fruit flavour only is BND$6-7.

German Taiyaki

Japan-style ABC

Next trip, we went for geisha show. Well, it's not a real geisha show though.
Honestly, the geisha show was sexy. When she showed her sexy shoulder to the audience, it got me there!
*if you know what ii mean*
Just kidding.
It was lovely. Though it's not a real geisha show, but at least ii have seen the real imitation of geisha show.

Geisha Entrance

GAYsha.

On the final day, we went for crab meal dinner.
We had 3-kind of crabs - Hairy Crab, Snow Crab, Alaska King Crab.
The Alaska-King crab is refillable... so you can eat till you have heart-attack.
Many people didnt eat the Hairy Crab
But seriously... ii ate alot that night, really got my heart pumping heavily. Almost like I'm getting heart attack.
I shit you not... it was the yummilicious crab dinner ii ever had.

The Crab Restaurant

Side Dishes

Hairy Crab

Alaska King Crab

Look at the meat!! It's one big piece!!

Japanese Snow Crab

Look at the size!


Thank you Japan!
I will see you again in next two years!